Of all the internet marketing strategies in use today, organic search engine optimization, or organic SEO, is one of the oldest and most battle-tested methods of achieving top rankings in search results. Organic SEO works to build rankings for websites based on having highly relevant content that is applicable to the keyword phrases that users are searching for.
To achieve high ranking in organic search results, there are a variety of on-site and off-site SEO strategies that work together to help build authority and trust with search engines on selected keyword phrases.
Here are five basic strategies that search engine optimization companies use to benefit their clients’ organic SEO strategies.
- Conduct extensive keyword researchKeyword research is the process of discovering the most beneficial keywords that Internet users are searching for that you will want to target for your organic SEO campaign. Before starting your keyword analysis, you need to determine who your target audience is and whether you will be targeting internet users on a local, regional, national, or global scale. If you’re simply targeting local search engines, you’ll want to discover keyword phrases that use specific geographic modifiers for your keyword targets (i.e. Atlanta rental cars or Atlanta rental cars). There are many useful tools that allow you to perform keyword searches. Research to find what phrases Internet users are searching for. One of the best is the Google AdWords Keyword Tool, which is a free keyword analysis tool that lists keywords based on their search volumes and competitiveness.
- Have strong SEO copywriting: Once you’ve discovered the most beneficial keywords for your organic SEO campaign, you’ll want a professional SEO copywriter to develop optimized web content for your website that uses these keywords in a strategic way that benefits organic SEO. Each web page on your site should be dedicated to a main keyword phrase or topic and that keyword phrase or topic should be used throughout the web content of each page strategically in the header tags (H1, H2, H3, etc. .) and throughout the body. text. Using strong tags in your keyword phrases also lets search engines know that this word is more important than the others on your web page. Having well-optimized SEO copywriting is a key ingredient to the overall success of your organic SEO strategy.
- Optimize your meta tags: Meta tags are informational tags that tell search engines what your web page is about. There are three main meta tags that you can optimize for organic SEO benefits. The first tag is the title tag. The title tag, which appears at the top of every page on the search engine results page (SERP), should include your keyword phrase directed toward the front of the title tag. This is also true for the Description meta tag, which is the second most important meta tag that you can optimize. The Description meta tag is a short 170-200 character block of content that appears directly below the page URL in the SERP. Including your target keyword and a variation of that keyword is one of the best practices for optimizing your website for organic SEO. The final meta tag that I will discuss is the keyword meta tag, which has become less and less important for organic SEO. This tag was often abused by SEO companies who stuffed the tag with all the keywords under the sun. Now Google doesn’t even use this tag to take into account how well a page ranks for certain keywords. I still use it though, because it’s like tapping the ‘i’ in your meta tags. Don’t overload the tag, but include your main keyword phrase and a handful of closely related keyword variations in the tag.
- Use search engine friendly URL structures: Your website URLs should also take into account your specific keywords. Search engine optimized URLs work to support your optimized web copy and meta tags by including the same specific keyword phrases in the URL string. If your web page has the same specific keywords in the meta tags, in the body text, and in the URL, these all combine to make your web page highly relevant to the keyword phrase that is targeting your campaign. organic search.
- Start a content marketing strategyOnce your website is well optimized for organic SEO, the next step you need to take is to start a content marketing campaign that helps create links to your website. Creating links to your web pages creates authority for your web page on the particular topic you are dealing with. The best way to obtain these links is by blogging and writing articles, as well as by distributing other content to other websites, such as videos and press releases, which help build your online presence and build links to your site. This off-site content marketing strategy is a crucial cog in your long-term organic SEO success.