Panda is a security company founded in 1990 in Spain by Mikel Urizabarrena. It’s one of the largest antivirus software vendors and has a 3.2% share of the market place. Panda Antivirus has many features and tools and they are designed to protect your PC from malware (malicious software), identity theft and hackers.
Panda Antivirus 2012 works with Microsoft Windows and Macintosh operating systems. Both versions include antivirus, anti-worm, anti-spyware and ID theft protection. So you get protection when you are online, emailing, chatting and you also get security as you use your iPhone, iPod or iPad.
Panda Antivirus 2012 has been tested and certified by AV-Test, ICSA and West Coast labs. These tests give it excellent scores for usability, protection and repair and its protection on Windows 7 for example was 83% as shown on the AV-Test and this was better than most antivirus programs except BitDefender and Kaspersky who scored 100% each on this test . On the Windows XP protection test it scored 92% and was equal with Kaspersky.
Many online customer reviews of Panda antivirus are positive and show that it is one of the best antivirus software programs. On Top Ten Reviews it has received the bronze award for performance and features. And this new version has outperformed other well-established programs like Norton AntiVirus and AVG antivirus. We’ve seen many benefits in Panda antivirus and a few drawbacks too, and we’ve listed the main pros and cons below to help you make an informed choice:
1. AV-Test has certified Panda Antivirus 2012 as one of the best programs of the year.
2. It has an integrated firewall which many other antivirus programs don’t have.
3. Millions of Panda users are opted in to share details of threats that attack their PCs. This helps Panda quickly identify and quarantine fast breaking malware and send out an antidote.
4. It has a cloud-based system known as Collective Intelligence which goes through thousands of files daily to separate the malicious from the genuine.
5. Panda has its own browser known as Panda Safe Browser which you download from within the software. It sends all threats into a virtual sandbox until it learns what their intentions are.
6. It has a virtual keyboard which stops keyloggers from recording your keystrokes.
7. It has a game mode which blocks all interruptions while you play video games and watch videos on your PC.
1. Panda doesn’t provide live chat or phone support. You can only contact the team by email.
2. Panda is more expensive than most other antivirus programs online.
Overall, Panda Antivirus 2012 is an impressive program and you will find little need to contact the technical support team. They have improved the software considerably and it is now in the top list of antivirus programs.