The little ones enjoy long vacations from their schools at different times of the year, according to the adverse weather conditions of the different continents. But parents are always concerned about how to use this long break from the strict school curriculum in the most effective way for their little ones. The best way to make your child’s summer vacation worthwhile is by gifting him with a series of educational video games, as they will provide him with a platform to experiment, explore, make mistakes and learn while having fun.
An educational video game intentionally merges games with educational software in the most entertaining way. The gamification of education has sparked great interest among educators and is also capturing a permanent position in the school curriculum as it serves as an effective teaching aid for students to understand the nitty-gritty of mathematics, vocabulary in English, geography, history, politics. Science, general knowledge, along with computer programming, a recent addition to the school’s curriculum.
If educational video games are well executed, they can provide a strong framework for research and project-based learning, he says. Alan gershenfeld, co-founder and president of E-Line Media, computer and video game publisher and founding member of the industry in Arizona State University Center for Games and Impact.
“Games are also particularly well suited to fostering the skills necessary to navigate a complex, interconnected, and rapidly changing 21st century.“he adds. Similarly, Histrionix is a leading learning company with a vision to spread “Education“That is, a perfect combination of play and education among the younger generations. A creation of two history teachers Rick brennan and Jason darnell, the aim of this game is to provide educators and students with an interactive game-based curriculum on various subjects, which will help improve the critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills of its players.
Some video games that can enlighten and entertain your child this summer vacation are:
1) School of Fish HD: It’s a great game for preschoolers. Teach numbers, letters, shapes and colors with the help of animated fish and try to cover the basic skills taught before or during the preschool curriculum. After children exercise their brains, they can have playtime by touching and dragging the fish and watching them react.
2) MinecraftEdu: A version of the famous game Minecraft, it teaches students mathematical concepts including perimeter, area and probabilities, as well as foreign languages.
3) Dinosaur Park Math: The game takes you through a dinosaur park and presents math and trivia challenges to unlock different parts of the park. The child’s job is to unlock pieces of each dinosaur by solving math problems. Once the fossils are discovered, the guide will give you facts about that specific dinosaur and the world in which it lived. This app has the perfect combination of addition, subtraction, and dinosaur data.
4) ChemBlaster: It is a web-based game designed to help players learn basic Chemistry concepts, including elemental symbols and 52 common ions and polyatomic compounds, by blowing them to pieces.
5) Games like GlobeTrotter2 and GeoGuessr Help video game lovers to know the states and their capitals of various countries. GeoGuessr is a game that places its player in different geographical locations and provides clues, with the help of which you have to recognize the location, while GlobeTrotter2 is a game that presents geography related questions to its players in order to progress through the game.
6) There is a wide variety of video games that improve English vocabulary skills, such as Word games generated by Merriam Webster, BBC Schools, Pogo. com, to name a few. Tea ABC Zoo Learning Game is the most suitable game for young language learners to learn the basic components of English.
Listed here are only a few games from a large number of innovative educational video games available online and in major game stores around the world. Parents can also play with their children; nothing brings families closer than the competition.
Therefore, parents no longer need to spend sleepless nights thinking about the whereabouts of their children during the long school holidays; just a few cool video games in your little one’s playroom will keep them away from all the hassles. Your child will think you are a great parent for allowing him to spend so much time in front of the computer, and parents will have the peace of mind that their children are really promoting themselves.